The 9th Annual Loudoun County Youth Fest is one for the history books! The rain stopped, the clouds dissipated, and the sun broke out just in time this past Saturday afternoon at the The Barn in Ashburn, Va. BlueTreeDigital has been thrilled to sponsor and support this great local community event.
Youth Fest is an annual event for Loudoun teens, organized by Loudoun teens. Live local teen bands, interactive exhibits, dancers, and other stage acts kept the crowds entertained. Exhibits focused on after school programs, community organizations, healthy living, belonging, and diversity. Local progressive band Blank Planet won the teen Battle of the Bands sponsored by Loudoun Youth and performed for the crowd before headliners The Mowglis took the stage.
Youth Fest is a collaboration between Loudoun Youth Inc., Loudoun County PRCS, and the Youth Advisory Council. Loudoun Youth is a great local nonprofit helping prepare local youth for the future through leadership programs, grants, and more. Some recent success stories:
- $3500 in cash was awarded to outstanding youth community service projects at the Step Up Loudoun Youth Competition on April 1.
- $1000 was awarded to Rosa Lee Carter Elementary School for the Step Up Your Health Challenge on May 4, 2014. The school will use the funds for health and wellness programs.
- Loudoun Youth organized Rock the Runway in November 2013. Local teens worked with event and fashion professionals to not only put on a fashion show but also gain confidence and leadership skills.
- Loudoun Youth also sponsors the Loudoun Youth Advisory Council (YAC), a year round youth-development and leadership program. It includes teen representatives from each of the public and private high schools in Loudoun County, and from the area home-schooled community as well.
Special thanks to this year’s other Youth Fest sponsors:
- Miller & Smith
- Loudon Insurance Group, LLC
- Events By Design
- Wellness Connection
- White Hall Capital, LLC
- NV Homes
BlueTreeDigital has provided marketing support for this event and other Loudoun Youth programs. We know how important it is for local businesses to give back to their community. Won’t you come out and support this great event next year?