Do you own a small business? Ready to grow your dreams? This is your year! The Virginia Women’s Business Conference Advisory Council has announced the 2015 Business Mentoring Makeover Program—you could win year-long mentoring for your up-and-coming small business. The application deadline is coming up on October 27, 2015. BlueTreeDigital’s team will be among the experts offering their knowledge to the winner.
The Conference will be held November 20, 2015 in Leesburg, VA. This very special one-day event is for visionary women who want to discover the tools for success, make strategic business connections, and be inspired to take action. All applicants to the Mentoring Makeover program should show how they align with the conference mission: “Vision, Passion, Power.” To be considered for the program, applicants should also demonstrate:
- A clear vision of where they want their businesses to be in the near future.
- The passion to reach their established goals for their business.
- The power to work through the natural hardships and roadblocks faced by most small business owners.
The award, valued at more than $15,000, will be a mentoring program that includes:
- Quarterly (4): Two-hour interactive, committee mentoring sessions, hosted by The Virginia Women’s Business Conference: Access to and focused guidance from a dedicated panel of small business experts, owners, and CEOs in Virginia. Session topics will include: Business Strategy, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and Operational Management. (Topics will focus on the areas that are most applicable to your business needs and level of growth. The winner will select topics in conjunction with the mentors to help focus on the areas where his or her business needs the most improvement.)
- Monthly: 1 on 1 telephone consulting by an individual mentor: Your mentor will help ensure progress and set touch points throughout the year.
- Networking opportunities: Connections and introductions from industry experts that open doors and create opportunities. Build relationships while you build your business!
- Gift basket: Books, gift certificates and more!
Your Business Makeover Mentors are a committee of experienced business owners and industry experts focused on helping you grow your business over the next year. They offer expertise and experience in operations, financial issues, marketing, and the “A through Z” of running successful businesses. These mentors have been there and are anxious to help your business thrive. Talmar Anderson (Talmar It Up, LLC) is honored to head up the 2015-2016 Business Mentoring Makeover Committee. BlueTreeDigital’s team and CEO Nicole Skuba will provide marketing know-how. Other committee members will include:
- Tina Johnson, JP Events & Consulting
- Jennifer Dalton, BrandMirror
- Lisa Richter, Chiron Physical Therapy
- Britney Bowe, BB&T Bank
This focused group of experts and experienced professional women will give you the guidance and knowledge small businesses need to need to grow. Applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM (EST) Tuesday, October 27, 2015. The winner will be announced during the closing session of the VWBC on Nov. 20, 2015. Enter today and make this year the year your business and your dreams grow. What are you waiting for?